Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktummala_gw

Plant Trellis &Tindora plant

ktummala
16 years ago

Hi

Does any body know how to put trellis for vines.i planted lots of vines.does anybody send me photos or give me reply on how to treat these veggies and how u grow bottle gourd,bitter gourd,tindora,potla,ridge gourd and tindora.

does any body need tindora plant? one of my neighbour is selling those here.

thanks

Comments (23)

• Violet_Z6
    16 years ago

Browse the Asian Vegetable Forum. Most of what you list are discussed in existing threads there.

As for trellises, if you search this forum, you'll find threads like this: 1
    Â Cheap 'n Easy Trellises?
    Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Posted by: clickermel z6a SW Ohio on Sat, Apr 15, 06 at 23:33
    Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 55 follow-ups, last one posted on Sat, Apr 14, 07 at 15:11
    Hi everyone -- Growing veggies seriously for the first time this year. I'm kind of interspersing them in with perennial and annual flower gardens, since they'll be in the front yard :). Looking for some ideas for cheap and easy-to-put-t
     Forum Message -  Found at:  Vegetable Gardening Forum

• chaman
    16 years ago

What is potla?

• eswar
    16 years ago

potla is a telugu (Indian) name for snake gourd.
    The only vines i am growing is Tindora and yellow cuke.
    Mainly due to space or lack of it. I just use Mel's tomato tower for them. They are fine.

• Violet_Z6
    16 years ago

eswar is correct. Potla is Trichosanthes cucumerina, aka snake gourd. Most of the plant is eaten: shoots, tendrils, & leaves as greens.

• cliftonite
    16 years ago

ktummala,

I am in desparate need of Tindora plants. Can you get me information on the price and size of the plants? Thanks.

• lolly_gardener
    16 years ago

I would very much like to get a tindora plant. Can you please also send the information about price, size of plant and if I can grow it in Bay Area California.
    Thanks,
    L

• chaman
    16 years ago

For Tindora, I use wooden poles 4 to 6 feet tall at about 4 foot spacing on either side of the plant.Connect these poles horizontally by half an inch thick poles at the top and middle.

• ktummala
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks for all your responses

cliftonite - if you can give me your email id i'll send you the info you need regarding the plant.
    L--the tindora plant is very easy to grow, only thing is it needs to be taken inside in winter depending on your zone temp.i think in california you dont need to take it inside but you never know how the temp changes in winter(if its like last yr u definetly need to take it inside).send me your email,i'll forward the info to u too.

thanks
    RNT

• cliftonite
    16 years ago

Ktummala,

Can you send the info to sniper_y2k1@hotmail.com Thanks.

• sailamint
    16 years ago

Ktummala garu,

I live in California in the Bay Area. I am very much interested in getting a Tindora plant if your neighbor still has any left. Can you please send me an email at saila3@comcast.net ?

Thanks very much.
    -saila

• ruparani
    16 years ago

Hi Ktummala,

If you or your neighbor still have the Tindora plant please email me b/c I am very interested in buying one. I live in CA. My email is RupalP@Gen-Probe.com

Thank you,
    Rup

• iloveveggies
    16 years ago

Tummala garu,
    Could you please send me details of where to get a Tindora plant to my email msvasu_tech@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance
    iLoveVeggies

• reginaaginar
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I am also interested in Tindora. Please let me know the details.
    Regina

• babbai
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I see everyone is looking for tindora plant..did anyone ever find it is what I am suspecting..anyways even i am looking for the tindora plant for my garden.Any clues / leads on where this can be found is highly appriciated.
    i can be reached at vkrism@yahoo.com
    Thankyou,
    krishna

• madhavi
    16 years ago

I am interested in buying Tindora plants if your neighbour still has some. Please e-mail me the info at drmadhavik@yahoo.com

• ktummala
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi,

For everyone looking for the tindora plant go to troptrees.com and look under the fruits section.

Thanks
    KT

• mahmoud
    15 years ago

I have ordered some Tindora seeds but would like to buy some plants as well. the will be for my farm in CA. Please let me know if you have some for sale. My email is nojaba@yahoo.com
    Thank you

• krish001
    15 years ago

Can anyone tell me what is involved in growing tindora plant starting with a tindora? I mean, does it need to be ripened or dried, do the seeds need to be separated first, or can you put the whole thing in the ground at say 1/2" depth? Thanks in advance.

• champak
    15 years ago

Hey. I live in atlanta GA now
    I am born gardner.
    I am already growing
    Sweet limdo
    Nagervel Pan
    Mogro
    Med Indian Peeper

like to trade for other plants like Tindora. Gunda Saragvo

• seedssun
    13 years ago

please send me some Tindora roots or seeds.
    seemesuu@gmail.com

i can share indian seeds in return.
    thanks

• sreevib_gmail_com
    13 years ago

Hi

I live in Ca. I am planning to buy tindora plant. if any one is selling ,please send the information to sreevib@gmail.com

• Vish2300
    9 years ago

Hi, I am Mamta from OKC, OK. I am desperately looking for Tindora cutting, if anybody want to share with me, I will be really appreciate. I bought 3 plants from Nari Bhatia but didn't survive, please let me know if anybody want to share with me. my e-mail is mndabhi@aol.com

Thanks
    Mamta

• jshriganesh
    7 years ago

Hi All

I have one tender young Tindora Plant. More will be available in the near future.See the photo below.

Email for detail how you can get it vrjats@yahoo.com

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm