Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Bush Crop' cucumber in container help

Posted by enmnm 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 19:18

I am growing a "Bush Crop" cucumber. It is time to transplant the seedling to its pot. The vegetable guides I've found say the container can be anything between 2 gallons and 10 gallons. Some say it does well on a trellis (but I thought this is a bush??)

The container I've earmarked is about 4 gallons, and I have plans to install a 1/2 gallon water reservoir in the bottom.

Do I need a larger container and/or trellis?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Bush Crop' cucumber in container help

I dont have an answer to your container question but I did however get bush by mistake and have them growing if you want to take a peak. They are probally toward the end of the video.

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden update on youtube

o
RE: 'Bush Crop' cucumber in container help

In general, the bigger the container, the better. Container plants are just so much easier to take care of and are so much more productive when grown in BIG containers. 4 gallons isn't all that big. So use the biggest you can afford to fill with mix.

Personally I wouldn't use anything less than 7-10 gallons. JMO

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here