Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightnurse21

Show us your garden pics

nightnurse21
13 years ago

We have been working so hard to ge our gardens going so why not show off some pics

Comments (41)

• bomber095
    13 years ago

Took these pics this morning

• fmart322
    13 years ago

Here go a few pics of my garden from about a week or so ago. I wish I had pics of my from today because we've had some better weather this week and the plants really started to take off a bit.

{{gwi:59379}}
    {{gwi:59380}}
    {{gwi:59381}}
    {{gwi:59382}}
    {{gwi:59383}}
    {{gwi:59384}}
    {{gwi:59385}}

• bsntech
    13 years ago

Just posted about 21 pictures on my blog as well. My usual "garden update" stroll around the garden. Also have a lettuce harvest picture and a picture of radishes pulled up.

Here is a link that might be useful: BsnTech Gardening Blog

• moms_helper_2008
    13 years ago

As of last weekend May 22nd

{{gwi:59386}}
    {{gwi:59387}}
    {{gwi:59388}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Mom's Garden Pics

• loribee2
    13 years ago

We're just getting started here in CA. We're water logged and foggy, but hopeful this weekend might mark the start of summer!

{{gwi:59389}}

{{gwi:59390}}

{{gwi:59391}}

• nightnurse21
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well done people,fab 2010 gardens,just waiting to get pics of mines old ones the plants were really small and have really grown now

• jollyrd
    13 years ago

about a week ago

turnips doing better than cabbages
    {{gwi:59392}}

sugar snaps
    {{gwi:59393}}

four types of toms
    {{gwi:59394}}

zucchinis
    {{gwi:59395}}

peppers sweet and hot and eggplants
    {{gwi:59396}}

• mister_gin
    13 years ago

Below is a link to some pictures I took yesterday. Things are going to start looking pretty rough now that are 100+ degree days are almost upon us.

Here is a link that might be useful: May 27th Garden pics

• idaho_gardener
    13 years ago

In the link that BsnTech provided is this quote; "I am really beginning to be a believer in using a pressure sprayer to spray down your plants with compost tea."

Do you really use a pressure washer, or do you use an ordinary garden sprayer? My pressure washer can lift paint and erode concrete. It won't be going anywhere near my garden.

• spaghetina
    13 years ago

I think he may have been talking about one of those continuous spray, pressurized tank sprayers that you pump air into by raising and lowering the handle. At least, that's how I took it. A pressure washer would blast the plants into oblivion, lol.

• mlch
    13 years ago

i like the dark lattice against the fence. thought about that but ended up with the more primative twine and posts for cukes. i hope they withstand the weight!
    looks great.
    blessings
    ml

• bsntech
    13 years ago

Yup - pressure sprayer like what spaghetina said - has the pump at the top and you pump in air to pressurize the tank.

• lonmower
    13 years ago

here is a video of our garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tS1KtwsFoo

• loribee2
    13 years ago

I think the picture threads are my favorites. Very true is the saying, "A picture's worth 1,000 words." It's fun to see how everyone stakes/protects/borders/twines... and it's so interesting to see the variations in growing seasons from the different parts of the country. Beautiful stuff, gang!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I'm getting hungry.
    Mom's helper, that's not a veggie garden, it's a farm!
    Lovely gardens.
    Renee

• robertlovesmaters
    13 years ago

here is a video of my garden.. got a late start due to all the rain. but now the sun is shinin and I can't wait..
    Great gardens you all have. I hope mine does well. Happy Memorial Day weekend. Don't forget to hug a vet or active service member.. We can do what we do, cause they do what they do. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert's Garden

• kr222
    13 years ago

Here's a link to all of mine. So far everything is doing well with the exception of all of the muskmelons. Squirrels ate them all in two days. Ugh...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Garden

• eyesofthewolf
    13 years ago

Here is a few of my shots of the small plot of a yard I crammed everything in that I could.
    The picture of the watermelon is in a strawberry planter that didn't work for strawberries so I stuck a watermelon plant in it and it took off well I got a watermelon I did't know how to keep it from pulling on the vine so I used an old bra, I think farmerdilla will get a kick out of that. Maybe I will get another watermelon so I can have both sides filled out. lol
    {{gwi:59397}}
    {{gwi:59398}}
    {{gwi:59399}}
    {{gwi:59400}}
    {{gwi:59401}}
    {{gwi:59402}}
    Hope everyone has a great garden this year. :o)Deanna

• nightnurse21
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are mine

CUCUMBER

Before

{{gwi:44416}}

NOW

{{gwi:59403}}

BASIL

Before
    {{gwi:44417}}

THEN

{{gwi:59404}}

NOW
    {{gwi:59405}}

sAME ONES TRANSPLANTED IN BED

{{gwi:59408}}

SQUASH

Before(LEFT)

{{gwi:44412}}

NOW

{{gwi:59409}}

FIELD PEAS

{{gwi:59410}}

GARDEN SHOT 1

{{gwi:59411}}

GARDEN SHOT 2

{{gwi:59412}}

GARDEN SHOT 3

{{gwi:59413}}

MORE TO COME

• lolear
    13 years ago

Here are a few from mine.
    overview
    {{gwi:59414}}

tomatoes
    {{gwi:59415}}

sundry containers
    {{gwi:59416}}

cukes and chard
    {{gwi:59417}}

lettuce
    {{gwi:43488}}

• lonmower
    13 years ago

lolear...
    You obviously love growing things...I see your beautiful flowers in the background. Great use of containers esp. the red tubs next to the wall and the stand on wheels for the greens...no breaking your back for harvest and you can move them to the shade (if need be)
    I can see a country estate in your future...not too much...a few acres you may call "paradise"

• dicot
    13 years ago

Quite relieved to see the massive pruning job I did on the cherry tomatoes seems to have slowed the septori blight to a crawl, I think I'll get a decent crop, even if the plants are short lived. The Thompson seedless grape is producing quite a few clusters now after almost none last year, so no complaints here.

{{gwi:59418}}

The broccoli tree seems to be overtaking the tangerine trees, so even though it's still producing, it's time for it to go soon.

{{gwi:59419}}

I've thinned it a bit since I took this a week ago, but these cilantro flowers are some of my favorite "you CANNOT get this in a store" spices, a taste halfway between coriander & cilantro that is great in SE Asian & Mexican cusine.

{{gwi:59420}}

• sckitchen_gardener_8
    13 years ago

Straight Eight Cucumber behind some Ebeneezer onions. No cucumbers yet, but the bees did stop by today. The onions are wrong for my short-day zone, but it's what the garden center had. They make nice sweet scallions and they multiply.
    {{gwi:59421}}

First San Marzano paste tomato which I picked tonight.
    {{gwi:59422}}

A sweet 100, vigorous and productive.
    {{gwi:59423}}

A couple garden shots. I have a small lot, less than .25 acre, but part of the back yard has been enclosed and I have a walk-in garden. I mulch heavily with newspapers and straw to help keep the weeds controllable and build up my sandy soil.
    {{gwi:59424}}

{{gwi:59425}}

The Big Beef, with 24 fruit set:
    {{gwi:59426}}

• lolear
    13 years ago

Lonmower -
    Thanks for the kind words! I am really just a novice but I do enjoy it! Wish I could take credit for the flowers but those are my neighbor's :). I do have flowers in the front of my house but the back is mostly edibles... This year I got a bit greedy and decided to branch out with the containers. Might have gone a little overboard... A couple of acres might be nice but I will be a city mouse for a while yet.

• wce5204
    13 years ago

Here are some I took this morning.

Carl

Here is a link that might be useful: Here are my pics....I think

• ardsmommy
    13 years ago

Hi, new to the forums. I have been growing various things in raised beds and have had to deal with frost in the winter and early spring and now we are into 90-100 degree weather. I'm just hoping that some of my plants don't get burned into nothingness. Here's what my garden looks like so far...

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden

• ardsmommy
    13 years ago

for some reason the link went to the mobile site so I'm going to try again...

{{gwi:59427}}

{{gwi:59429}}

{{gwi:59430}}

{{gwi:59431}}

• mauirose
    13 years ago

Carl that looks like a lil farm to me!

{{gwi:59432}}

ardsmommy, nice collards.

• Donna
    13 years ago

I just put pictures on the web (I think) for the very first time today. You can't see many crops, but you can see my setup.

Here is a link that might be useful: Donna's Vegetable Garden, 2010

• armadill
    13 years ago

late starters here in Colorado. So far things are coming up nicely.

{{gwi:59433}}

{{gwi:59435}}

{{gwi:59437}}

• sckitchen_gardener_8
    13 years ago

A zone 8B, Charleston, South Carolina, kitchen garden Sunday harvest.
    {{gwi:59439}}

• the_pepper_guy
    13 years ago

Just a couple of quick pics to show off my garden. These pics were taken May 24th. It is amazing how fast the garden has grown in the past 2 weeks. I don't think my garden has ever taken off this good. I will post more pics hopefully tomorrow.

Just a snapshot of the greenhouse taken from the garden.
    {{gwi:59440}}

Peas growing up the trellis. To the left of the peas is corn, and to the right is green beans.
    {{gwi:59441}}

Potatoes are starting nice. The potato plants have grown 12+ inches in the last 2 weeks. To the right of the potatoes are the onions. There are 3 different kinds of onions. Red, white, and yellow.
    {{gwi:59443}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pepper Guy's Blog

• cindysunshine
    13 years ago

I simply love the variety of gardens, planting styles, and photography styles! Just one from me today - an overview on my garden walkaround.

{{gwi:59444}}

From left to right - onions with a row of parsley, bush beans - both a yellow and green, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, two plantings of two kinds of basils, cucumbers to vine up the tepees, zuchini both yellow and green. At the far end is the 'pumpkin patch' you can just make out the marigolds planted around the perimeter and I have some nasturtiums just starting to germinate. The pumpkins go in the middle. And allllll around the back is my husband's corn - it is looking pretty great. I can see the tassels coming up inside so we are about 4-5 weeks away from corn.

The raspberry patch that formerly was in the beds to the right of the 2nd fence has died out - this fall I will probably replant it.

Between the fences are some flag iris - a friend sent them years ago and I didn't know what to do with all that germinated so I 'plunked' them there for temporary holding. Then I worked out of town for 7 years and the garden really was badly neglected. This year I'm back.

One very badly pruned grapevine on the back fence which is blissfully out of view. I put gourds on the front one. There are also a trio of rhubarb plants next to the faucet that I got from a friend this spring.

There were no early lettuces that I used to always put in and also no snap and snow peas - next year.

• whgille
    13 years ago

Some of the garden today, Japanese sword beans, Mississippi purple hull peas, hyacinth beans, winter squash and melons.

{{gwi:59445}}

Close up Japanese sword beans ( they are getting bigger)

{{gwi:59446}}

Silvia

• suburbangreen
    13 years ago

Some great gardens guys and gals. Here's mine.

Trellised Mickeylee melons and Ambrosia cantaloupes
    {{gwi:59448}}

Mickeylee icebox watermelon
    {{gwi:59449}}

My garden
    {{gwi:59450}}

06/06/10 Harvest
    {{gwi:59452}}

• aubade
    13 years ago

Great gardens everybody! Cindysunshine, how are your plants so big already in zone 5?

Here's half of my garden this past Sat.
    {{gwi:59453}}
    Hard to see what everything is, but going clockwise from the front left is peas/lettuce/mustard greens and some small peppers and tomatoes. Going to pick the mustard greens and lettuce this week to give the peppers more room. There is also a few trombonchino squash growing among the peas. I'll pull the peas in a couple weeks to give those more room.

Behind that is chives, hot peppers & cucumbers. I covered the cucumbers with a crazy rowcover contraption by velcroing it to the fence after I took this pic LOL. Already saw two cucumber beetles - I hope I'm not too late to save them.

Behind that is an herb garden, and to the right of that a strawberry bed.

In front on the right is two tomatoes in the back, then under the rowcover are two cavili parthenocarpic squash (take that svb!) and some basils in the front. Oh and calendulas in front of the basils in the ground.

In the big bare space behind the basils I'm going to plant some chinese cabbage, lettucy type this week.

Here's a pic of the crazy rowcover velcroed over the Diva cukes. There is a trellis underneath leaning onto the fence for them to grow up. I hope this works!!
    {{gwi:59454}}From Garden 2010

You can also see the 3 peppers in front of it, thai hot dragon, ancho & jalapeno. There are more pics at the link too.

• cindysunshine
    13 years ago

I am in Central Illinois and we've had near idyllic growing conditions for tomatoes. I started them from seed inside in March, we put them in the garden about a week into May which is early - but it turned out well, perfect rains and then we mulched and caged them before the unusual heat. They really are big for this early a couple weeks ahead of normal.

• the_pepper_guy
    13 years ago

Here is the updated pics I promised. These pics were taken today, which is 2 weeks after that I posted yesterday.

{{gwi:59455}}

{{gwi:59456}}

{{gwi:59458}}

{{gwi:59460}}

{{gwi:59462}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pepper Guy's Garden

• gjcore
    13 years ago

{{gwi:59464}}

{{gwi:59465}}

{{gwi:59466}}

• sunshinenc
    13 years ago

Well, I'm gonna try and post a few (I have a hard time not posting tons)... I am amazed at how much it has grown in such a short period! I need to get out there and get some pics now thaty everything is nice and full.. I am most excited at how well my plants look in my upside down patio garden!
    June 1st
    {{gwi:59467}}
    June 9th
    {{gwi:59468}}
    Potatos, Onions and volunteer Sunflowers 6/1/10

{{gwi:59469}}
    same bed, 9 days earlier
    {{gwi:59470}}
    and on 4/25/10
    {{gwi:59472}}
    5/22/10 Rosemary, Sage, Blueberries, Oregano, Basil, Chives, Strawberries, a few tomatos and 2 bell peppers.. I have got to get an updated pic of these, they have grown huge in the last 2 weeks!
    {{gwi:59474}}
    deck tomatos 4/25/10..these are huge now and have marigolds all around in full bloom...
    {{gwi:59476}}
    front porch herb pot-parsley, cilantro and chives
    {{gwi:59478}}
    deck herbs-basil and thyme
    {{gwi:59479}}
    beautiful sage
    {{gwi:59480}}
    flowering rosemary.. it and the sage we planted when we built the house in 2005, they have come a long way!
    {{gwi:59482}}
    tomatos and squash 6/1/10.. Was so excited to see a few blushing tomatos this afternoon!
    {{gwi:59484}}

I LOVE seeing all the pics of everyone's garden, and their own personal style, it is fabulous and can't wait to see more :)

• sunshinenc
    13 years ago

gjcore-I LOVE your style, very original, and the seashells and rocks add a wonderful touch IMO.. I have 2 boxes of shells and have been tryig to figure out something to do with them so maybe that's an idea!

Everyone's pics are great, love, love seeing them, only now I am getting antsy for some ripe toms :)

Happy gardening to you all.

Regina

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals