Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woohooman

Mid Spring update

Just wanted to show my progress this year. Not doing as much as i normally do because of the drought but still got my peppers, toms, and a couple other things.

Peppers (annuum) 4 red bell, 3 Big Jim Anaheim, 3 Poblano(Ancho), 2 Jalapeno, 2 Guajillo(Mirasol), 2 Chilhuacle Negro, 1 Cascabella. All of them progressing nicely and putting out blooms. That's also some Bright Lights and Rainbow Chard off to the right.
{{gwi:60749}}

My container peppers-

Chile De Arbol and Pequin
{{gwi:60750}}

A sad yellow Bell(store bought) -- had some extra 5-1-1 and wanted to see how large fruited annuums do in larger than 5 gal containers(15 gal). My theory is that they tend to tucker out(smallish fruit) after the 1st flush in 5 or 7 gal. We'll see!
{{gwi:60751}}

Black Pearl(Ornamaental)
{{gwi:60752}}

Chinense varieties ---

A runt of a Red Bhut Jolokia. Hoping this runt turns out as good as my runt last year.
{{gwi:60753}}

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
{{gwi:60754}}

Another Chocolate
{{gwi:60755}}

And another Red Bhut -- lighting is off...plant looks gorgeous
{{gwi:60756}}

Maters --

Celebrity...Anybody ever tried these? Wanted to try something than the old Early Girl's I do every year
{{gwi:60758}}

Romas -- trying some determinates in barrels for the 1st time. Goes against my thinking on tomatoes in containers(should not grow them). But I thought maybe determinates wouldn't be too much for them. Got 3 in barrels and 1 in ground
{{gwi:60759}}

Kale (winterbor, I think. Picked it up at Wamart. I've been growing Starbor for years but my last plants were in the way of my peppers, so had to pull them. Wanted "some" kale and was late to start seed, so I tried these in containers.
{{gwi:60760}}
{{gwi:60761}}

And last but not least... my very 1st avocado tree. Too bad I'll probably be dead before I get a bowl of guacamole out of it.

Kona Sharwil
{{gwi:55529}}

Happy gardening!

Kevin

Comments (5)