Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
worms in my corn plants

Posted by Sunnygrl44 florida (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 12:38

I have worms in my corn plants that haven't even grown 1 ft. they haven't tasseled yet, still young. I have been battling wither white flies or aphids since planting my garden. I have tried everything that is supposed to get rid of them, and none of it works, they just laugh at me and fly around. I believe I have used so much stuff to get rid of them that I have gotten rid of all the good pests, I have white powdery mildew on my squash plants, and now these green worms in the corn that hasn't even matured yet. I believe I bought some bad soil and got my money back for it, but there's always something new, any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I am not a novice to growing my own veggies, I have gardened everywhere in the U.S. and never had this much trouble growing vegetables.
Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: worms in my corn plants

Sorry but I'm not sure what advice you are looking for. The worms in the corn? Can you post a picture of them or at least provide a detailed description? Corn ear worms are green but if there are no ears or tassels then you wouldn't normally see them when the corn is as young as you describe it.

Both Bt (Dipel) and Spinosad are both quite effective on corn ear worms and Spinosad works on whiteflies too..

I have tried everything that is supposed to get rid of them, and none of it works,they just laugh at me and fly around.

So what all have you tried and for which pest? The whiteflies? They are the only thing that flies around. The aphids? The worms?

Is gardening in Florida new for you? Different planting times, different pest issues, etc.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here