Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryanc95

How to improve on deer repelling methods

RyanC95
9 years ago

In the picture you can see my garden and the fence I have. The fence is only 5 ft tall. Yes I know they have to be 8ft plus to keep deer out, but i'm on a small budget and the store didn't have a wire fence taller than 5 ft. Having a short fence is better than letting the deer walk into the garden. I put the pan there so that anything that bumps the fence or when the wind blows the pan will make a nose or loud boom respectively to scare anything near by. I also have tall posts on the gate about 7ft tall, so I added a post cap light on top to make the fence appear taller at night. I might paint the fence dark green to make it blend into the surroundings, I heard that deer don't like it when they touch something and they cant see what it is. Im also wondering if a motion activated flood light pointed at the direction where the deer usually come from help make the fence less visible at night since the light will kinda blind them for a moment. Does anybody have any other suggestion to keep deer away or stop them from hopping the fence?

This post was edited by RyanC95 on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 13:07

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida