Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fuzzy squash blossoms

Posted by darlene4022 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 14:04

my yellow squash has brown fuzzy hair-like growth on blossoms, how can i get rid of this, my tomatoes have had it on the stems, they were turning brownish, the fruit has not been affected to much, but the plant is slowly dying. my squash has not produce any fruit because this brown hairy growth. will this affect next crop of vegetable? it is very humid here in Tx. any help is appreciated.
Darlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fuzzy squash blossoms

Sounds like mold spores from Choanephora Wet Rot. Scroll down through the link below and check out the section on Choanephora Wet Rot. Even has a picture.

Is that it?

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Choanephora Wet Rot

o
RE: fuzzy squash blossoms

yes! exactly what my squash looks like! unfortunately it overwinters in the soil and dead plant debri. thank you susan, i just couldn't find anything that looked like it. Would I be able to plant in the garden next year if the ground freezes?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here