Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla_12

Help ID these veggie plants

carla_12
9 years ago

My computer died and I lost my garden layout! I have about three veggie plants I can't identify or remember what I planted where. If anyone can help me identify these plants I'd really appreciate it. This is the first photo of the first plant. Notice the pod! I have two more photos if needed. Thanks

Comments (4)

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

Tomatillo?

Kevin

• digdirt2
    9 years ago

Why couldn't all of these posts have been combined into one post? That way they are all in one place along with all the answers too.

Plant tags, plant tags, plant tags. Easy to make and use and saves you all kinds of problems.

Agree tomatillo or some form of ground cherry. And in need of some pest control it appears like all the other photos. You say you are gardening organically but organic gardening doesn't mean you have to sacrifice crops to pests. Even certified organic gardeners have certified pest controls to use when needed.

Dave

This post was edited by digdirt on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 17:56

• carla_12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

sorry, I'm new to posting and didn't know if I could put more than one photo per post. I will get the Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis - and repost a photo of my garden in a couple of weeks...hopefully all photos in one post and all plants bug free. It's a large garden and the bugs seem to only bother some plants and not others - for example the squash, cucumbers, corn, sunflowers aren't bothered at all!? I have tried hand picking the bugs but can't keep up with the bugs...

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

I don't know what else you're growing, but BT should be good for the brassicas and anything in the nightshade family for fornworms(peppers,eggplant,maters, etc)

Here's a tutorial for posting multiple pics.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: tutorial

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH