Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angiemomma4

Leaf Miners on leafy greens

angiemomma4
11 years ago

Hi...I know that there are lots of posts concerning leaf miner damage because I looked here first in the search function before asking LOL! But I am still confused. I have such a problem with these on plants like chard, which I love because it is tasty and easy to grow, even in summer.But honestly, I would really like to find a way to avoid those yummy little chunks of so-called protein (ack) that burrow their way into the leaves of my greens. I know what the eggs look like for sure because it seems like they show up every time. Is there a systemic (organic) pesticide that will keep the little buggers from hanging out in the first place. Is it Neem? And if it's Neem, does anyone have some kind of schedule, or 'recipe' for how to use it effectively? Is the only way to control it with row cover? Is it too late to use row cover once the insects have shown up before on other plants in the past?

I obviously have an issue with unintentional protein but we're none of us perfect so please forgo the comments about how I should quit gardening if I freak on a bug. It's not like that. But I don't like the chunky little suckers hidden in my salad, either.

Thanks in advance,

Angie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor