Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cool crops

Posted by deanie z5QC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 20:12

Would it be too hot to grow spinach, romaine lettuce, and swiss chard in the greenhouse?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cool crops

It depends on your greenhouse and climate. But probably as a rule, if its a typical hobby greenhouse without sophisticated environmental controls such as pad and fan cooling or air conditioning, the answer would probably be "yes".

o

• Posted by t-bird Chicago 5/6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 15:34

in the summer - yes! Perfect for winter though - plant around sept/october or whenever they will be full grown by about dec 1.....and they will keep through spring....

o

I plan on planting my fall crop on the first of september. I'll have lettuce through thanksgiving. I grow in low tunnels.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here