Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
walaa_gw

photos

walaa
14 years ago

how do you post pics here, have tried and they never come out.

Comments (18)

• jimster
    14 years ago

Register with an image hosting site such as PhotoBucket.com or Flicker.com. The site will have instructions on how to upload your photos for storage on the site and how to display a stored photo on a bulletin board such as GardenWeb.

It will undoubtedly require some experimentation and practice to get it right. After you have chosen an image hosting site, come back and ask for help with that specific site.

Jim

• walaa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

trying again but no luck:(

• walaa
    Original Author
    14 years ago
  • walaa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

oh well, I give up, this is the hardest site I have ever tried to upload photos on, I can do it on all other forums, just not here i guess

• jimster
    14 years ago

{{gwi:78469}}

• jimster
    14 years ago

Copy and paste the "Share this image" line which is labeled "HTML Code", the one that begins with "Jim

• tedln
    14 years ago

I donÂt use the dinky editor provided with this forum when I want to post photos. The links seem to run together when I do and they are hard to edit.
    I typically will start with a blank (new) MS word document and type in the following symbols without the spaces except between the g and s. (I then save the document and simply open it each time I want to post in the future.)

I then acquire the url of the photo I want to post and insert by typing or cut and pasting the url into the characters between the = and > symbols.
    The URL for the photo would then be in the position of the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"s in the following line
    img src=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >.

After inserting the url, it should become an active link and the url should turn blue in your word document. If it turns blue, it will become a photo in your post as follows.
    {{gwi:74333}}
    If I post multiple photos, I can type between each url containing line; resulting in photos with descriptive text between them.
    When I complete the document, I cut and paste the entire document from MS Word into the forum editor.
    You must perform a preview of the document before the post and the photos should display instead of the
    Active link.

(this post was created in MS word and cut and pasted to the editor)

Ted

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    14 years ago

Walaa, looks like your squash plants are about the same size as mine. This is my first year for PattyPans, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do. If you follow Tedlin's instructions, you should be able to post your pics. I'd love to see how yours do.

Here's a pic of my squashes:

{{gwi:78470}}

This was taken a couple of weeks ago so they've grown quite a bit since then. If you use Village Photos ( www.villagephotos.com ) they have a web-ready URL for every picture that already has the in it so all you have to do is highlight, copy and paste. It's great for non-techies like me.

• garycinchicago
    14 years ago

Please see link below

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post photos

• ruthieg__tx
    14 years ago

If you look at the page where your photo is you will see a little box that says "Share this image" and down in the box there are 4 different codes...one says HTML...If you just copy that and bring it back to your post...amd paste it in...you shouldn't have any trouble. See I copied it from your page...

{{gwi:78471}}

• walaa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{gwi:78472}} I was on a horse forum, but you use the img thing not the html thing, so that s what I was doing wrong! here is a harvest from yesterday, today about 10 more, we made some pickles, but there is no end to the volunteer cucs so far!

• jimster
    14 years ago

Success!!!!

I wish I were harvesting nice cukes like those and making pickles.

Jim

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    14 years ago

N-I-C-E!!

What kind of horse do you have? I have a 2-yr-old Shire (we call her the Walking Fertilizer Factory!)

Edie

• walaa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes, but I will be sick of them soon! I didnt even plant cucs this year, they are all volunteering from last year, go figure. Edie, I have 2 thoroughbred mares, and a spotted pony. I have a huge compost pile, for winter or next year, as I keep them in during the day because of our ferocious heat!!{{gwi:78473}}

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    14 years ago

Looks like a fun winter's day and the critters are "feelin' their oats"!!

Yep, piling it up for compost is a great thing! Or pick an area and till it in and let it sit for a year then plant away.

• jacosgarden
    14 years ago

tedln- what kind of cucs are those. Mine are still white and are about 4-6 in. in diam and are too big. They never turned a nice green like yours. I think my cucs are a failure this year, UGH, I so wanted to can cucs. Can't figure out why they won't turn green before they are huge, even then they are still a whitish, pale green. Can you tell me what yours are?

• tedln
    14 years ago

jacosgarden,

I planted two varieties on a trellis (helps make them straighter). The varieties are Burpee Early Pride Hybrid and Burpee Sweet Burpless Hybrid. We are havesting like crazy., The labrodor retriever gets the ones that look a little crooked or deformend. There arne't many like that, but a few.

Ted

• jacosgarden
    14 years ago

Thanks, I want to try and trellis my cucs next year. They are just too evasive for my square foot garden and figure to save space I will try to trellis next year. What kind of trellis do you have?

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm