Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ahismah

Pepper problems...too much rain and spots (pics)

ahismah
13 years ago

We've had a lot of rain in the past few weeks, combined with cooler temperatures. As a result, my peppers are really struggling. They're in a raised bed with a mix of compost, peat moss and vermiculite. The rest of the raised boxes are doing great (no other peppers planted), but I did individually amend the beds with compost at right before planting.

The leaves are yellowing, I think partly due to a nitrogen deficiency (from the crazy amounts of rain. I'm more concerned with the spots though and the areas where there is more significant yellowing. Could this just be soil splash, or is it something bacterial. I did poke around to try to figure it out but stuck out.

I did spray with a bit of Terracycle worm poop tea to try to given them some nutrients foliarly. I have some garden tone but was going to wait until Thursday when the rain is due...I really don't want to add any more water to the beds.

Can anyone help identify the problem? Is it treatable, or are the pepper plants a loss? Thank you so much for your help, I'm completely stuck.

Raised bed w/ peppers

{{gwi:79039}}

Plant worst affected:

{{gwi:79040}}

One leaf is notably curling (pretty much just this one)

{{gwi:79041}}

I see some white blotches under some of the leaves:

{{gwi:79042}}

{{gwi:79043}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County