Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Posting pics from a Samsung Galaxy S III

Posted by nancyjane_gardener USDA 8ish No CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 1:03

I know I've asked this before, but this time I will print out the answer!
I did ask on the test forum with no help at all.
I've also done a search with my name, but it lists EVERY entry and reply I've made on these boards! I have limited internet, so I can't spend hours trying to find something!
OK, so I'm still learning about my phone. Figured out how to post on facebook (yay me!) and that's about it!
Can someone give me step by step instructions (or lead me toward someplace that will give me instructions).
I am TOTALLY computer stupid (don't know an upload from a download!) so I need very clear instruction! Not "yajust"......
Even with my new phone, do I have to go to a photo place to do this, or can I "just" do it from my phone?
And, please, if you are frustrated with me asking, just ignore me. Please don't cut me down! Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Posting pics from a Samsung Galaxy S III

Well, you just do this, that, and the other, turn the phone sideways, flip it upside down, and bingo-bango the photo is uploaded. :)

On my smartphone (which is cheap and outdated) the GardenWeb site is the same as it is on my computer. If it's the same for you then from your phone click (tap) on the "choose file" or "browse" option here on GW, go to your phone's gallery, and pick which photo you want. You can only do one photo per comment this way.

If you want to upload multiple photos in a single comment then you'll have to upload your photos to a third party site first (like Photobucket), then copy and paste the HTML links from that site to here.

Hopefully this helps.

Rodney

This post was edited by theforgottenone1013 on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 10:54

o

I think your first challenge is how to get the photos onto your computer. I have an iPhone, and I use iTunes to copy photos off my phone onto my computer. I have no idea how that is done on a Samsung.

If you can get your photos to your PC and know what folder they are in, I think lots of us can give you step-by-step instructions on how to post them here on the forum.

The site gives you two options. You can do one photo in a post easily by clicking the "Browse" button next to "Image file to upload (optional):" in the area where you post and/or comment. Again, the photos need to be on your pc and you need to know what folder they are in.

Uploading multiple photos is a little trickier. You need to register with a site like Photobucket or Flickr (I've used both and prefer Flickr myself). On those sites, you upload your photos, being careful to make sure the access to them is "public". Each site has it's own way of uploading, so until you choose which one you want to use, we won't be able to help you with that part.

I'd suggest working on the task of getting them to the PC then trying to upload one photo using the GardenWeb upload feature I mentioned. Once you've mastered that, you'll be ready to pick a photo site (Photobucket or Flickr) and we can help you with the next step.

I am rooting for you as I'd love to see photos of your garden!

o

I have issues posting pictures from my phone as well (HTC One). I go through the usual steps to post and upload a picture, but get an error referencing wrong file type, almost as if the file type is blank. Not sure if that is an issue you are seeing...

o

Hi Nancy, first, congratulations on having such a desirable and high-tech phone! :D I'm fairly phone competent, and I would love to have the samsung III! ;)

Ok, here's an easy way to do it Nancy. When you take photos on your phone, there will be (though this is where I'm useless, because I have an iPhone so I can't tell you HOW TO)... but there WILL BE an option to send your pictures in an email. Figure that out, and send the photo(s) to yourself. Once you've done that, go on your computer, into your email, and find the option in your email to "download" (to your computer) the pictures. You will have an option when you download your picture(s) just WHERE on your computer you want them downloaded (saved). If I were you, I would chose the "desktop" option, so you can just see the pictures on your desktop in a little box, no searching around. Now, you've successfully taken a picture, sent it to your email, and downloaded it onto your computer. The picture just went from your phone, to your computer, and you should be able to see your picture(s) right there on your desktop. If you don't know what a desktop is, then I'm sorry but you'll need to go speak to a person at a computer store personally so they can show you step by step how to use, and what your computer is! :D

Now, you can "upload" (post the picture for everyone to see) the picture directly from your computer. For example, come to this website, and post a message or a comment to someones message. When you chose to do that, there's an option to upload a photo with your comment. Click the upload photo button, a screen will pop up from your computer asking what picture and where it is that you want to post. Find desktop, chose your photo, and then publish your comment. Your picture will show up with your comment at that time. Good luck!

o

Oops... I guess I mis read your question... I guess I posted how to post pics from your computer. Sorry :S Maybe go down to the place where they sell your phone and ask them for help!

o

Well thanks, so far! LOL
I have avoided putting pics on my computer, probably cause my kids put HUNDREDS on our last computer....and didn't name them!
Just got a new Ipad mini, so I might be using that for pics as well as the phone. We have a class on how to use it in a couple of weeks!
I WILL post pics this year!!!!! Nancy

o

HA! So I thought I would print out all these great responses....the printer spit out 4 sheets with one line of gobbltygook and then my first message,,,,twice! 10 pages to look at my OP! I think the printer people are in Kahoots with the paper people!
Anyway, I went oldschool and WROTE down all of your great instructions!
Hopefully some pics will be coming soon! Thanks! Nancy

o

i have a galaxy s3 aswell, its not to hard to get your pics.
you just click my computer > then click your phone > then click DCIM > then copy your pics to your picture folder on your pc > upload !
if u have any questions or need help feel free to message me

o

Now now! You "yajusted" me!

Where do you click my computer? On your phone????
Then click your phone???Huh?
Then click DCIM...where do I find that?........
I truly need step by step CLEAR instructions. Thanks Nancy

o

Why not just post the pictures directly form your phone without uploading them to your computer? Do you have a data plan and use the Internet on your phone?

o

Nancyjane.....ask your kids to help! :-)

o

Your going to need a photobucket account to up load your photos, do you have one?

o

hnycrk- NOW we're talkin! So, I get photobucket on my phone and also gardenweb onto the phone as an app? I think if I can get the basic idea down I can go to BB and they have a Samsung guy there all the time. We're also going to take an I-pad class, so I can do it from my new I-pad mini.
Getting closer

rhizo-the one that still (or again) lives with us knows the basics (texting, facebook, photos etc). The other one I don't see much and is always busy when she's around!

o

Yes there is a photo bucket app, don't know if there's a gardenweb app. I view the gardenweb forum on my phones Internet browser. Once you have your pictures on photobucket you can upload them here..

Example, just took this with my phone.
 photo 20140710_074132.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here