Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docsky

Wow, where did that come from?

DocSky
11 years ago

I just wanted to share some things that I observed this week and see if anyone else has had them happen. The first was some rapid pepper growth. I tend to my plants usually twice or more times a day and I have had some issues with peppers not producing anything. It was time for another application of nutes and I went with a dose of an off brand miracle grow clone. The brand I picked up has more micro nutes then MG.

I went out the next day and one of the pepper plants, a large yellow variety, suddenly had three peppers on it overnight. They were still flowers the day before. What was really odd was one of them is almost three inches in size! The other two are about an inch. Has anyone seen that rapid of growth with fruits?

The other thing was some pepper seeds that I was playing around with. I placed them in water on a heating pad to germinate. Yesterday was their third day in water and nothing was happening. I have done this method before and it usually takes about a week to get them to pop. The heating pad I am using only stays on for two hours at a time and really doesn�t heat the water much when on. I really didn�t care what happened to these seeds and was just testing some things out so I wrapped the container completely with the heating pad and turned on the highest setting for about an hour. When I came back, the water temp was well over 110. Oops! BUT, about 15 out of the twenty seeds germinated in that hour of heating! Most of them already have a �" root from that hour of overheating. I�ll move them to another media later today and hope they grow after getting near boiled..

Any thoughts?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County