Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mychaelp

Confused when to harvest Squash

mychaelp
10 years ago

ok, here goes with my first post here. I've been reading through the forums but haven't found exactly what I was looking for. I planted Squash for the first time. I don't know what kind it is. I tore off the top of the seed packet that had the name. Anyway, they are about 12" long, round, large at the oldest end then narrower. As round as 4" across. Start off bright yellow, then go to a darker yellow. When do I pick them? I picked one of the oldest on the vine and it has a thick skin area. Do I cook like the outer part of pumpkins?
Also I know this is odd, but I want to share that my wife got me a new coffee maker which is what keeps me getting up early enough to post on here and keep gardening. The AeroPress. It's funny looking, but makes amaaaaazing coffee. If you haven't tried it or think ta french press is the way to go read about it here http://thecreativealternative.com/best-single-cup-coffee-maker/ She said she couldn't help getting it for me because I love gadgets to a fault usually. But this time, it works well.
On the Squash, any guidance is appreciated.
Thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: My new coffee maker

This post was edited by mychaelp on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 11:09

Comments (4)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler