Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennieboyer

What to plant mid-July? South Georgia

jennieboyer
9 years ago

Hi All,

I am lucky enough to be the first recipient of a "crop mob" in my community - this is a group of folks who are going to help me till up my yard, add amendments, and plant both cover crop and whatever vegetables I want to do.

We are planning on doing this the weekend of July 19th. I know it is too soon for many fall vegetables, so looking for suggestions on what is good to go ahead and put in. Because I am just now looking at what to plant, it's probably too late to do anything from transplant (I don't have time to get them started indoors) - will all need to be direct seed.

I'm thinking of doing a late summer cucumber, bush or pole beans, turnips, tomatoes (if I can find plants that someone has extra of and just never got in the ground). Will these work?

I plan to do some broccoli and cauliflower, but see conflicting information on whether it's too soon for that (and can those be done from seed)?

How about brussel sprouts? Any other suggestions?

I know I should have been thinking about this before now, but I just found out today that they would help me plant - I really thought we were just getting the beds ready for next spring.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jennie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner