Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holes in pepper leaves

Posted by jonfrum (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 13:27

I'm getting small holes in some of my pepper leaves. They generally appear on small leaves at the top of the plant, and they're about the size of a dull pencil point. I never see any bugs on the plants. The photo is the best I could do. The leaf is about an inch across. There's usually a dull dry brown around the edge of the hole.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holes in pepper leaves

Did you check the bottom side of the leaves? Usually, insect like to do their damage from below, so you won't see then if you just walk by. There are a number of bugs that could be eating your peppers, so it's hard to tell you where to start, but flea beetles sound likely.

Joe

o
RE: Holes in pepper leaves

I did have flea beetles on my potatoes, so that makes sense. They haven't re-appeared on the potatoes since I sprayed with pyrethrum-rotenone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here