Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drooping leaves on bell pepper plants

Posted by granniex3 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 14:41

I have planted several bell pepper plants and they are slowly dying off one at a time. A plant will start to get drooping leaves which never drop off and then the plant dies. They are all in different locations, and the soil drains well. We water only in the morning before the sun gets to them, and none of the cucumber or tomato plants near them are having problems. Our lot is hilly and has a lot of trees so we have several small plots instead of one big one. We have had pepper plants for the last 4 years and have never had this problem. I have lost 4 plants so far, with one that started drooping today. It looks healthy and even has some buds and a couple of little peppers on it. I only have one plant left. What can I do.?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drooping leaves on bell pepper plants

Are they in containers or in the ground?

Drooping leaves to me means they are not getting enough water.

Is there any yellowing on the leaves - at the tips, little splotches?

Here is a link that might be useful: BsnTech Gardening Blog

o

I'd lay off on the watering. I had problems with my two bell pepper plants with leaves drooping while producing fruit, followed by the whole plant. I had been watering them every day. I laid off with the watering can and they have started to recover.

o

Thank you for the input. Peppers are in the ground. I don't water everyday, even though the temps have been in the low 90s. We hve had some afternoon showers but they only last about 30 minutes. There is no yellowing on the leaves, they look perfectly healthy except for the droop and dying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here