Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The deer circle my garden each night....

Posted by rayinpenn 6 (RayMills@ThePrudentGardener.com) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 15:05

The deer circle my garden each night like sharks around a life raft. Pity the poor plant that leaves a lim outside the raft. They show no mercy.

Join Americans for the re-introduction of the Grey Wolf. Yes we will loose a jogger or two but there are no perfect solutions.

The deer circle my garden like sharks around a liferaft

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The deer circle my garden each night....

I was worried about deer when we first moved to the woods of Georgia. None yet. Ironically in town the community garden had a double electric fence to keep them out!

o

Can't see the whole garden but can you put up another fence with say a 10-15 ft space between the existing fence? Where a couple of dogs could live?

Or trellis UP the vines escaping the fence boundary?

o

Looks like my garden. Start hunting this winter. They are nothing more than high heeled tiara wearing rats with an entitlement complex.

have they started the hoarse raspy laugh from the edge of the woods. I have grown to hate that sound.

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a-S.C.,USA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 19:14

I use human urine to keep them at bay. Twice the rain came in & the smell was washed away was lost.
Other then a nibble or two, my garden doing great.

o

My next piss is in a jar

o

>"My next piss is in a jar"<

Hope it helps - round here they'd toast with that jar ;)

o

OK , A BUCKET

o

Cheers... I mean "Bottoms UP" :)

o

Better than human urine, Shake-Away Deer Repellent uses genuine Coyote Urine and is the most effective organic solution to Deer problems kike yours.

Check it out at http://www.critter-repellent.com/deer/deer-repellent.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Natural Deer Repellent

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here