Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ventaak

Bell Peppers: Tiny yellow dots?

ventaak
9 years ago

Are these (top left picture) tiny yellow dots on the leaves a sign of a problem? Too much water? Container too small?

The plants aren't dying, but I'm not sure how fast they're supposed to be growing. If you look at the top right picture, you'll see a blossom where the petals fell off. I assumed that's the bottom of a developing pepper, but it's been like that for the past couple of days. I'm not sure how fast peppers are supposed to develop after the blossom's petals fall off.

MORE INFO: I have three of these bell peppers (California Wonder?) in containers on my windowsill. I started them probably sometime in May. They're about 1ft.+5in. tall now. Last week, with the exception of the one that I "topped",

It's pretty hot here in NYC now. I water them everyday in the morning around 9AM, but I water them again at 8PM because the soil appears to be dry by night.

As for fertilizer, I mixed some azomite into their soil when I originally transplanted them into their containers and I gave them a very low dose of MaxiGro (NPK 10-5-14 according to the package) more than a month ago. So it's been straight water every day since.

And as for the soil, it's a mixture of MiracleGro's moisture control, some generic brand of potting soil called GreenThumb, some perlite, some vermiculite, and strangely enough, some sand.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting