Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cucumbers are curling

Posted by JayWomack 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 11 at 20:05

Does anyone know why some of my cucumbers are curling? I have about two or three that are curling at the bottom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cucumbers are curling

See this discussion from a couple days back. If need more info the search will pull up many 'curling cucumber' discussions for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Why cucumbers curling?

o

Jay--I have some of that going on. I did a web search and more than one site talked about incomplete pollination due mostly to not enough visits from bees. My bee population does seem to be down this year so next year I will put some bee attracting flowers in with the vegetables early in the season to attract pollinators.

o

Incomplete pollination seems right, per the above article, though I thought it happened mostly to much younger cucs, which would just shrivel up and die. Mine are quite mature, it would seem, for this to happen. They are healthy and green, so I'm surprised. Anyway, it's likely still the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here