Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bloomin_onion

Basil switched teams!

Bloomin_Onion
9 years ago

Hi guys, thank Goodness for this forum! Everyone here is really helpful, and I'm new at this gardening stuff but I've learned a whole lot!
I have two kinds of basil in a pot. In the picture, the two pictures on the bottom left have asian (dark green) on the left, pesto (white rims) on the right. Asian, and Pesto. I just noticed that my pesto basil started growing what looks like asian basil from the top of it..? I know it's so easy to say "it's got to be two plants just really close together", but I followed the main stem on close inspection of the basil pesto, and it seems that a good 1/3 of the plant has changed shape, colour and consistency!
Now... you're all gonna think I'm nuts, but the pesto basil plant (the basil with the white rim around the leaves) was somewhat just fine about a week ago... the ends did look a little "ragged"... I think the pot was caught too exposed to the rain, and I've learned that pesto basil is especially sensitive to over watering. You don't think the pesto could have changed to asian for survivability, do you? Do you think the whole plant will morph? Is this even possible? ...

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting