Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

Free compost tea!

I just discovered that a garden materials place near our local hardware store will give out 2 gal of compost tea (can dilute up to 5xs) every Tuesday!
Normally I use my home made compost turned into the beds spring and a few beds in the fall, but I've not used compost tea before!
Which veges would most benefit from this wonderful gift???? I've got tomatoes, eggplant, not so great peppers, corn, cukes, zukes, green beans, herbs, melons, lettuce, kale, chard and tomatillas. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but.....
I'm thinking the herbs and green beans don't want to be bothered. Not sure about the tomatoes at this point I'm just starting to get some fruiting happening. Thoughts? Nancy
BTW for Sonoma CO residents the place is across from Freidmans on SR Ave.. The first 2 gal are free, after that they suggest a donation. Bring your own container and one extra to donate!

Comments (2)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

It may just be me, but I'm always leery of other folk's compost products. I'd try it on not so valuable plants first and see how they react after a week or so. If its ok, anything would benefit from it.

tj

• nancyjane_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

He's a small independent guy and told me he used to make smaller batches, but had so many people returning he had to double his tank size and he still runs out! Nancy