Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper problems

Posted by hidesertCA none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 22:02

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my pepper plants. The leaves don't look to good at all. I have pictures up that should help identifying the problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepper pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper problems

its a watering issue. im having the same problem. i watered and then it rained. oops need to let it dry out and wilt a little before i water again.

o

enviromental stress

o

It might be over fertilization. I've been using fertilome blooming and rooting plant food 9-59-8 plant food every other week along with epsom salt every other week. I've also used foli-cal once. The plants are growing new leaves and they all have blossoms so at least growth is not stunted. It is weird though because my tomatoes are doing good, along with my serrano pepper and bell pepper I bought from a nursery (the other 3 in the pictures I bought from a big box store) so maybe it's just something with those plants....

o

I think it may be over fertilization as well. Especially using a fert with P levels that high. I would not fertilize them for a month and see how they do.

o

I agree, I think you may be over fertilizing. We use 5-1-1. Using high amounts of nitrogen will give you beautiful plants but not fruit.

Our garden is probably 3/4 pepper plants, consisting of 26 pepper plants. All of which seem to be doing well. They are about an average of 3' tall and producing many peppers.Peppers are very persnickety they do not like extreme heat. If the temps. get above 90 degrees they do not like it. The temps. here have been between the upper 90's and 100 degrees for a couple weeks now. However, we have been fortunate enough to have rain here and there.

Hope you figure it out, good luck. They can be a pain but if you like peppers it is worth the effort. :)

Rhonda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here