Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spectre130eagle15

Problems with cucumbers from a newbie

Hi there everyone! I set up a container garden for the first time this year and it has been an adventure. Put together three large pots with a few plants in each. One pot was herbs which is doing amazing. One pot with 3 tomato plants and 2 cucumber plants, and the last pot with several peppers. Unfortunately after an aphid invasion and who knows what else my pepper are all but lost. My question today though is about my cucumbers. They are growing like weeds and have several dozen blooms but no fruit, and in the last few weeks I've noticed leave getting holes and turning brown and dying. The damage is the worst closest to the base of the plant. I'm not going for organic and during the aphid invasion of the pepper pot I dusted all the plants with Sevin5 dust (would rather have nonorganic vegetables than organic dead plants). The tomatoes are in the same pot and are finally fruiting (7 little tomatoes now... Yes I'm proud) and aren't showing any signs other than some slight fertilizer burn at the edges of a few leaves. I'm wondering what could be the problem with my cuccumbers. All the pot get watered nightly and are watered until it begins to drain from the bottom of the pot. I do not believe they are overcrowded because these are large tree pots, about 2.5 feet in diameter. Please if anyone can help me figure it out I would appreciate it. Pictures attached to show the damage.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
VerdeScapes LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Landscape Architects & Landscape in Virginia