Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azzure08

you might be a crazy gardening person when

azzure08(zone8a)
11 years ago

I had a dream last night that my cucumber plant was being eaten by a caterpillar . I woke up in a cold sweat like it was a nightmare I had to get up and look before I went back to sleep. yeah I am a garden weirdo

Comments (15)

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    11 years ago

Have you ever woke up sore and sweating after dreaming that you were hoeing? I have, so I understand!

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

no not hoeing abut I have woke up after dreaming I ate food from the garden and I was hungry like I hadn't ate fore day . I didn't want anything from the fridge but nothing was ripe in the garden. it was hard to sleep.

• 2ajsmama
    11 years ago

I wake up at night worrying about foliar diseases and if I can keep ahead of them!

• nancyjane_gardener
    11 years ago

This was NOT a dream!
    I'm re-doing my kitchen and have been sadly sort of neglecting my garden a bit (just a bit)
    I went in to scrape out the kitchen scum of 20 years or so, and stepped on a hoe and got bonked on the nose.....in the kitchen!
    Oh yeah, and I've just bought a bunch of fall/winter stuff to be planted this weekend with.....how much to do in the kitchen? LOL Plus a Giants game and day in the city????
    Oh yeah! Started back to school today! LO Didn't even have time to do the other L! Nancy
    PS- off to give platelets 1x per month! Sometimes it's quite the relaxing time that no one can bug me!

• pnbrown
    11 years ago

By strange happenstance I had a gardening dream last night (don't often), that a bunch of people were insisting on harvesting all my dent corn early to eat as corn-on-the-cob. They wouldn't listen to me that it's so much more valuable as dry grain, oh no, they said, we don't think it will make it to that stage.

For some reason I never thought of telling them to just leave my cornfield be!

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

pnbrown that would have been a good idea
    nancy don't even mention back to school my son has 24 glue sticks on his list....

• 2ajsmama
    11 years ago

24? How much gluing are they planning on doing? Or do they just figure the kids are going to lose them? Maybe they want him to supply the entire class (someone else buys the pens, pencils, erasers, etc.)??

My DD only has 3 glue sticks on her list - but 16 crayons, thick AND thin markers (didn't say how many), plus colored pencils!

• tomatotomata
    11 years ago

"crazy gardener"? Isn't that redundant? :-)

• jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
    11 years ago

If you hear thunder 20 miles away (so I can go out and shut our high tunnels before a storm), but can't hear a baby crying in the next room over. Maybe that is just selective male hearing?

Jay

• zzackey
    11 years ago

We had tropical storm Debbie several weeks ago. My neighbors must have thought I was nuts out there watering my plants with Miracle Grow, but it rarely dries up enough to fertilize them this way! I haven't had any gardening dreams. I dreamed I walked out of a house and there were angelwing begonia baskets all around. That was a really cool dream!

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

jrslick you might just be tuned into your baby(garden) lol
    ajmama I think it is a supply the whole class thing but everyone has the same list with that much glue you could glue every kid to their seat

• mallory28 - zone 5
    11 years ago

You might be a crazy gardening person:
    � If you ask your mother to save banana peels for you, to use as fertilizer for potato plants.
    � If you put tomatoes in your western-exposure suburban parkway.
    � If you find yourself scolding your non-productive Blue Lake green beans: "No more special love for you! No more trimming the dead leaves, no more organic fungicide/miticide/insecticide! I've had it! Feh!"
    � If, two weeks later, you find yourself picking 400 beans in one sitting from said bean plants.
    � If you smile for the whole day because a Master Gardener told you your plot is the best-mulched in the 124-plot community garden.
    � If you live by yourself, but have 25 tomato plants.
    � If you know the location of every garden center and nursery in 20 miles, and hit all of them hoping one sells heirloom seed potatoes.

• azzure08(zone8a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mallory28 you love your plants don't you
    I realized that my cherokee tomato plant had two tomatoes growing on it and I almost died and cried a little bit lol

• zzackey
    11 years ago

I started 42 tomato plants from seeds and it's just me and my husband! I gave some away and some died. I had several that I had received in trades on the seed exchange. Then I kept trading for more. I'm hooked on seeds!

• dspen
    11 years ago

Just before the corn was ready to pick, my husband was getting up each hour during the night to shine the spot light on the garden to scare away possible critters.
    He was determined not to share!!

I just slept on through!!