Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
squash dying on the vine

Posted by cymraes 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 13:28

Both my zuchinni and pumpkins are shriveling up and dying on the vine. I have had one zuchinni and the rest look sick. They are in raised beds. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: squash dying on the vine

Any ideas?

Not with info provided. Pix needed.

Dan

o

Are they baby squash and baby pumpkins when they die? If so, then they might be dying from lack of pollination. It's easy to pollinate your own squash and I do it every year. Just research how to self pollinate and get some reference pictures of which flowers are boys and which are the girls. It's really simple once you know what the 2 flowers look like:)

o

Thank you lori - yes they are baby squash and the lack of pollination makes sense. I am getting some nice squash and then others just turn yellow and die when they are only about 3 inches long. I will look into the self pollinating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here