Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

When to or not to pull beans

I have summer cow peas of various types in my SMALL garden in a Central Texas garden. They have slowed down because of the heat but I see flowers still. I am looking to plant a fall vegetables. Do you think I will get another blush of beans or should I pull them and plant more snap beans instead. They seem to make beans but the beans are not getting bigger and stay in a juvenile state. My vining rattlesnake beans , half runners are also doing the same thing. Their vines are growing fine and flowering, but the beans are slow to develop in the heat (103 today). Space is of the essence in this garden and I am still not sure when is a good time to pull plants. It is about time to plant string beans for fall so I know if I am going to act now is the time. I pulled some tomatoes and replanted last year and the ones that I kept from spring planting did better than the ones that I planted and the ones that I trimmed up. So I am wondering if these green beans will put on another flush when the cooler weather comes, or should I give up on them.? what are your thoughts??? I did pull my squash due to Borers and planted new hills. Cukes have been planted. too.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler