Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can eggplant with holes still grow

Posted by krissylovesplants79 none (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 14:25

I noticed some of my sicilian eggplant has holes. What I would like to know is if it could stilk grow. I know the holes are from insects or worms, but my grandmother used to cut that part off, clean them well to make sure there were no bugs or worms and it was fine. However, they are very small and I want to let them grow. Is that still possible?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can eggplant with holes still grow

Are the holes in the fruit or in the leaves? If the leaves, it's probably flea beetles, and yes, your plant and fruit will grow just fine with good care.

o

Thanks, its in the fruit but doesnt look too deep, looks like its just the skin. So based on what you said I think I will leave it on a little longer but keep checking to insure its not getting soft instead of growing. I added my all natural spray with spices and murphys soap and added a small extra spritz to murphys soap spray to help deter insects from eating it, which i didnt do initially because the fruit was so small and not ripe. These can grow to the end of october here in ny as long as the whether is not freezing. Even during the huricanes we had in the past couple of years, my plants held up well, although sandy was kind of tge end of thecseason and I harvested everything worth harvesting before the storm, but stuff continued to grow nonthless.

This post was edited by krissylovesplants79 on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 12:54

o

A small superficial dent is not going to do a damage. I have seen them with cracks that were healed eventually.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here