Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uzbek - Russian melons?

Posted by HappyBallz 9a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 15:50

Hello everyone,
I been trying to find some seeds of Uzbek/Russian melons. The one I tasted in Russia was extremely sweet and honeydew-like. Definitely one of the best tasing ones I ever had...wanted to get them ever since but so far no luck.

I would appreciate if someone knew a place where I could find some seeds or have some to offer.

The melon I am looking for is yellow with white/lightly yellow net. Oval/oblong in shape and quiet big in comparison to the one sold in stores here- about 12+ inches.

I'll try offer something in exchange if needed of course.

I originally posted this request in Fruit & Orchard but people suggested to post it here. Original post for reference: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg0817010817357.html?4&rnd=uJw1B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uzbek - Russian melons?

This was the first website I found when I googled it.

They ship internationally, but it looks like they're based in the US.

Here is a link that might be useful: Uzbek Sweetness Melon

o

contact me at
ravshan_66@yahoo.com
I will send you the seeds that are available in our local uzbekistan markets.

o

Moiraine,
Thanks, I seen the website but they been out of stock for awhile now.

Ravshan,
I sent you an email earlier. Hopefully it will work out since you are located there! Thanks!

If anyone finds any place to buy them here please do post since I do not know how strict customs are on importation of seeds.
Thanks gardenwebers.

o

I found this Uzbek melon in a local Armenian grocery store, and have seen articles in the newspaper about this grower. Anyway, I have seeds from this melon. Let me know if you want to trade!

o

I'm trying to post a photo of the melon--I'm new at this forum, so apologies if this doesn't work.

o

mpcardenas,
Yeah, that looks to be very close to what I was searching for! I would definitely like to get some seeds. I'll do a SASBE like another person suggested from my other thread.

But I don't really have any exotic varieties of melons to offer...just started planting myself :)

I will post what I have melon-wise later on tonight.

Ravshan,

If you are still following this thread please check your email ... I still have not heard back from you!

Thanks everyone, keep it coming :) !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here