Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who got rain

Posted by pnbrown z6.5 MA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 19:51

from the hurricane?

We got very little, though some parts of southeastern new england got a decent amount from what I heard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who got rain

Not so much rain from Isaac around Chicago, just about 1/4 inch, but we've had enough from other events that we're back to D0.

o

• Posted by glib 5.5 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 20:34

In the past we have had hurricane events stretch into Michigan, but what you need is a hurricane moving with good speed. This one was quite slow, stalled over the South, and we saw nothing. Still, there have been a few showers, I had to water only once last week, and stuff is growing. We are going to get a line of T-storms tomorrow night, that will drop the highs to around 70, probably to stay.

o

I live in va and if it rains one more time I am going to lose it lol. it has rain for a good portion of the week for the last few weeks.

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a-S.C.,USA (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 22:48

Mild Winter, rain once every 8-10 days all Spring & Summer, a cool Fall. If this keep up I may quit my job & sale vegetable on the side of the road.

o

I think the rain we've been getting has all been attributed to Isaac, most of the past week has been rainy, tomatoes all splitting and rotting, beans are way too mature for eating green, and the grass has gotten out of control. Might be time for a break and till it all in come October!

o

We got 2 inches on Cape Cod -- the heaviest rain all summer. It has been DRY.

Jim

o

I got about 1.3 inches from Issac. I just got a good shower a few minutes ago and more headed this way it looks like.

o

We got 0.05in bringing the twelve month total to 0.47in.

o

9.3 inches over 2 days - 7.05 Wendesday, 2.25 Thursday

o

Plenty and then some. I tried to pick them before they split. Tried. 2 more inches from the last rain. Thank goodness for waterproof garden booties.

o

I got 3.4 inches yesterday and last night...and it soaked in very well.

o

• Posted by glib 5.5 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 13:23

See, I got the same system as Wayne_5, but for me, only 0.6 inches. It has been like that all season, more rain to the N and S.

o

The Red Sox were rain delayed at Fenway Park last night. I'm 8 miles away, and I got nothing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here