Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Veggie plant leaves are yellowing and dying off

Posted by gigi.thomas none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 4:29

Hi,

Im new to veggie gardening and im already running into troubles. I have made my own self watering containers (similar to earth boxes) and my plants kicked off well.

Now im facing these problems:

1) my gourds leaves are turning yellow and dying from bottom up (snake gourd and bitter grourd)
2) my Okra leaves are turning yellow from bottom up and falling. Also my okra leaves are having yellow tiny spots all over
3) my beans leaves are curling and leaves are pale.
4) one of my beans plant is having white spots

Please find pics attached. please help me :)

Thanks a ton

Gigi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Veggie plant leaves are yellowing and dying off

I have absolutely no idea what a self-watering container is but from the sound of it it is not really something for someone new to gardening. I hope others in this forum could help you out.

o

My overall guess would be a nutrient balance , likely nitrogen deficiency issue as this could cause the issue of yellowing of the gourd leaves and the yellowing of your okra too. For the beans if the leaves are pale this could also explain it.
I would add nitrogen rich compost material like coffee grounds, egg shells etc
The spots on the beans i am not sure, is it like a mildew spot?

o

That photo doesn't look like normal nitrogen deficiency to me. I think it may be a potassium or micro-nutrient deficiency. I'm just guessing without knowing more about what they're growing in.

The beans sound to me like aphids and spider mites. check the underside of the spotted leaves for small red arachnids. My bitter melons took a long time to do much of anything but the weather warmed up for the past couple of months and I have fruit bursting all over now.

o

You might want to direct your question to the container garden forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here