Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jollyrd

Those Strange Radishes

jollyrd
11 years ago

I love radishes, so I plant the seeds in the garden every spring, along with arugula and various lettuce mixes. I did the same this 2012 spring, and had a small crop to eat. I was given few tomato plants, and I planted spring squash. But then I stopped gardening at all, for a lack of time to attend it. In August, everything that was left (mostly dead) in the garden beds was pulled out and composted or burned.

End October is here, and I went to the garden to check on the raspberry bushes that are still producing delicious berries, and me and my son love to eat them straight from the bush. Next thing I noticed was a patch of very green and healthy leaves that looked like overgrown arugula. When I came closer - oh my! that was a patch of radishes that germinated and grew from what did not germinate in the spring. The sad part is that they were too large - past prime time for taste. Like I said, I had NO time at all to tend the garden.

Just wanted to share this. I guess I should be happy to find out that the seeds were viable, and germinated good crop even though I did not provide them any care (water, fertilizing, weeding).

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES