Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Victory!

Posted by lana_lang California (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 15:54

I just had to share my joy this morning. My poor brussel sprouts and a few other things have been eaten almost to death by some sort of caterpillar (cabbage moths I suspect) but I didn't want to spray with chemicals. I did some neem oil, but that stuff can get expensive, especially if you need to spray a lot of plants. So I tried mixing my own insecticidal soap with a few drops of Dr. Bonner's peppermint castile soap mixed with water in a small spray bottle and sprayed the dickens out of everything. I just checked my plants again and the little buggers are dead on the ground. YAY!

What makes it even nicer is I can let my 2 yr. old "help" spray the plants because the soap is all-natural. He was having a ball :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Victory!

Nice to hear that worked out. Now I know what Master Gardeners do when they are 2 years old. Good for you.

o
RE: Victory!

Glad it worked!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here