Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ground garlic caking

Posted by obrionusa 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 18:28

I ground some garlic from last years batch of my hardneck's and after a week or so it starts to cake up in balls. I have absorbant packs in the bottle and doesn't seem to help. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ground garlic caking

I was looking around the web earlier this year to learn how to make garlic powder, I think some people use a little salt or cornstarch to help with that. Memory is fuzzy on that, though. Or maybe it just wasn't dry enough when you ground it? More than your absorbant packet can handle, since it would be coming from within the tissue not the outer atmosphere. Do you dry it, then let it rest to stabilize the moisture then dry a little bit again to be sure of really getting it all dry? Those are the idea that spring into my head. Cheers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here