Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yay Baker Creek! (this goes with Yay school gardens)

Posted by nancyjane_gardener USDA 8ish No CA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 21:04

Stopped by Baker Creek today after my Chiro appt, just to check in and see what their policy is on school gardens. I was informed that they start in January for the spring. Oh well, I was ready to buy some stuff for my own garden anyway (late, I know) I listed the stuff I could start in Oct by seed in my little notebook, and all of a sudden this lady shows up with a basket, asks me about my small, but growing garden at school, and takes me on a $25 shopping trip through the store! Zounds! No proof needed, though she would like a letter on school letterhead etc.
She really worked with me cause many of my spec ed students are very resistant to veges as a whole, but spicy is a no-no!
I assured her we would send the letter and some pictures!
I was really bummed, cause the little farm that gave us many starts for free shut it's doors at the start of the month, and I wasn't sure we'd get any winter stuff planted!
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yay Baker Creek! (this goes with Yay school gardens)

Great! Glad to hear it. BC has been very helpful with our school garden projects, also. We've always sent thank you notes immediately after receiving any donation...on letterhead, of course. Then later in the season we follow up with handwritten notes from the students telling of their experiences and a photo with the students showing off their produce in the garden. Now after a few year of looking for partners, we are getting calls from local places asking if we can use surplus items they have. It makes it possible for us to try a lot of ideas we couldn't do otherwise

Hope you continue to have people help you out. Let me know if there are specific seeds you are still hoping for.....we might have some to share from our donations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here