Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeanwedding

what to do with bare garden ?

WE finally cut the weed up debris, removed all the cages and squares, rebar, tripods etc,. at bottom of hill where garden was
Hubby tilled it and leveled and graded it. It was a mess esp area where i had potatoes "hole"
garden is big ,approx 50 by 50...
Of course I should have just covered the original grass with cardboard and just planted like I did in previous house...and not tilled etc... It was a mess last spring area close to creek bottom. I was overwhelmed with the size and weed even though I put down lots of cardboard and mulch.... I did better the previous year in straw bales and before that in ground(at old place)
well
what do I do now.????... Should I throw down some buckwheat seeds I bought??? Or some alfalfa, I believe it is... I bought several years ago????
already picked up most of the leaves, from rest of the property. Hubby shredded them with garden tractor using the triple bagger.. i have in compost piles started in three palleted sections....
we ar in semi rural area
I dont have access to bagged leaves pine needles from neighbor curbs like I had in the city.....
So what do yall suggest for bare ground???
Oh by the way I still have deteriorating straw bales left from previous year when thanks
Jean

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert