Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fertilizing Radishes

Posted by nallred91 none (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 20, 11 at 0:53

I'm going to attempt to grow some radishes in 100% turface in some of the spare space I have under the lights for my succulents.

Does anyone have any advice for how much I should fertilize? I have dyna-gro FP and MG c&s fertilizer. I'm thinking the FP has too much nitrogen and that the c&s fertilizer would probably be my best bet? I've spent a few hours tonight trying to find answers but I've finally given in and decided to ask on here.

Thanks in advanced =)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fertilizing Radishes

I never fertilize radishes.

o

In a garden that makes sense. but since i'll be using an inorganic medium with absolutely no nutrients i'll need to add some. I guess then it's safe to assume I could fertilize them minimally and they'll be ok?

o

Google 'grow hydroponic radishes' for lots of info. The link below seems quite helpful on the fertilizer issue. Recommends low-N and high K like 15-15-20 diluted.

Also check out the Hydroponics forum here for more discussions.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to grow hydroponic radishes

o

Oh that's good thinking. Based on that article it looks like I should use the C&S fertilizer. I guess now I just need to decide what concentration to use. Since i'll be fertilizing with every watering I'd assume it should be pretty dilute. Guess more research into hyrdoponics is in order!

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here