Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jctsai8b

Fruits and Vegetables that Lower Blood Pressure

jctsai8b
10 years ago

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/fruits-and-vegetables-that-lower-blood-pressure.html

Vegetables that Lower Blood Pressure

Celery, carrots, tomatoes, asparagus, peas, chickpeas, Fenugreek, horseradish, Cruciferous Vegetables(Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, cabbage and Brussels sprouts), Leafy Green (Leafy green vegetables like spinach, lettuce, kale, mustard greens, Swiss chard, Chinese cabbage, etc.)

Comments (4)

• sweetquietplace
    10 years ago

For an upset stomach, my Colombian DIL throws a raw potato in the blender with some water, grinds it up, strains it and drinks the liquid. Works like a charm!

Last year I made Nocino with my green, immature black walnuts. That's also good for tummy problems.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Some fruits and vegetables can HELP to reduce blood pressure. But the best way is prevention ; knowing what causes it and avoid it. Overwieght, stress ,salt intake ...

There are a few herbs that I know can help:

Stevia, Marjoram, AND ally the herbs with tonic effect. But One should not fool her/himself. At certain condition one has to take medication.
    JMO

• Natures_Nature
    10 years ago

Taking a supplement or isolate is not going to truly solve your problem. What you eat, drink, breath, and put on your skin is where your problem(disease) truly resides. Simply put, you live unhealthy, you are going to be unhealthy. You have to change your entire lifestyle in order to truly see change.

Here is a link that might be useful: True Healing

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    10 years ago

Considering that that healthy lifestyle change tends to involve eating more vegetables, I'm not sure what the point is of attaching that message to these threads is. As I see it, since you can't wave a magic wand and *poof* suddenly a person is living a whole new healthy lifestyle, discussing vegetables that can help a person's individual health concerns is a valid and interesting route towards a healthier lifestyle. And if a person wants to do more gardening as a result, then even more health may ensue. But those comments sound like "don't bother"...?

Re: medications. Medications do not "cure" any of the conditions currently discussed here. Like the herbs and vegetables under discussion they help mitigate the symptoms while doing nothing about the underlying cause. Unlike vegetables and many herbs (I'm speaking of them in their whole, fresh form, not as concentrated supplements), modern medications tend to have certain unpleasant side-effects that can cause a marked decrease in quality (and sometimes quantity) of life. Pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer from your blood sugar-lowering medication, anyone? Or maybe just struggling through every day, unable to get anything done because of overwhelming tiredness despite getting 10, 11, 12 hours of sleep only to find that the cause of your inablity to function is actually a result of the blood-pressure-lowering medication your Dr just prescribed? (That little gem is listed innocuously as "fatigue".)

There is plenty of good, current, scientifically validated litereature out there for anyone who wishes to read more about the subject. The book I mentioned by Mr. Duke in the other thread really is a good starting point. He used to work for the USDA. Dr. Andrew Weil also writes accessibly on the subject.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH