Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for seed help for 2013

Posted by amjg 7 (agiacomazzo@live.com) on
Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 11:52

I am looking for romulus pm zucchini seeds for next year. I have heard that they are the most powdery mildew resistant zucchini out there. Can any one help me find them.

Anthony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for seed help for 2013

Last i read it is available as a commercial variety only. It was developed by Cornell so they will control the licensing and distribution. You might contact them to see if the status has changed.

Meanwhile there are several PM resistant varieties available although the disease could still develop on any of them given the right conditions. Consider Dunja, Tigress or Plato.

Dave

o

I was also going to suggest Dunja, since I noticed it in the Johhny's catalog earlier today. Never have grown it, just noticed it was PM resistant.

o

Here is a list of some PM resistant varieties.

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: PM Resistant Pumpkins and Squash

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here