Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happens if you ignore your garden

Posted by rayinpenn 6 (RayMills@ThePrudentGardener.com) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 14:48

This was my first try at hydroponic gardening - it was going great and I loved it.

Then My long time tenant in my rental condo moved out leaving behind extensive damage. Smashed doors and walls, missing light fixture parts, filthy rugs and downright nasty and broken bathrooms. The wife, sister-in-law and I spent the next 6 weekends cleaning, replacing and generally running around to repair the mess. The result was I was forced to ignore my greenhouse and a jungle grew!

PS I just ordered a bunch of dutch pots!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happens if you ignore your garden

I thought it was going to be a question, so my planned rsponse was "it will start acting out and running with the wrong crowd. Might take up drinking and smoking as a cry for attention..."

Not too far off, I see. :)

o

• Posted by RpR_ 3-4 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 16:37

What ignore?

That is what my lettuce looks like every year.

o

The jungle looks prolific. I'm all for the tomatos.

o

I seem to hear King Kong music in the background....

o

Looks like you are about set to grow yourself a bunch of lettuce seed.

o

• Posted by glib 5.5 (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 13:59

Even after bolting, most lettuce is quite edible. Tuck in and start eating gigantic salads while you can. Or lower the temperature to below 40, they will stay like that for a longer time and you have more time to dispatch it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here