Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fiamma1960

Design help deperately needed

Fiamma1960
13 years ago

Hello,

Am having a really hard time with the design for gardens in my front yard. We live in Ontario in the country and the lot is fairly large (100' x 800') and have no landscaping at all at the front of the house. The picture I've attached shows the front of the house. The driveway is on the left (south) side of the house and is quite long (approx 10 car lengths). Should the garden line the driveway all the way to the house? Should we just do a garden at the front of the house? Should we do straight lines? Am a real newby at this, have no idea where to start!

The front yard faces East but because there are so many trees we only get partial sun on the driveway side and full sun in the middle of the front yard. We have rabbits, moles, skunks, racoons, etc so I worry whatever we plant may get eaten!

We have been given a dozen rose of sharons and really love black eyed susans and purple cone flowers. Are these good? We're in the country and will never have a manicured lawn, it can be a semi-wild perrenial garden.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. We just don't know where to start.

Image link: