Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grassboro

Suggestions for Front foundation

grassboro
12 years ago

I am redoing my front foundation border and want some opinions and suggestions. I am removing everything I have except for a Holly tree on the right corner. I may keep a lorepetulam I have cut back hard that is under ant to the right of the holly tree on the right. I have decided on three dwarf Yaupon Holly Bordeauxs in the center under the window replcing the old Japanese Compactas. A Dee Runk boxwood on the left by the step and door will replace the current old Boulevard Cypress.

I need to decide on a plant just to the left and a plant just to the right of the three Yaupon Holly Bordeauxs. I was thinking of using Frostproof Gardenias.

This site faces west with the south to the right. Two large River Birch trees provide late afternoon shade but this border will get noon and early afternoon sun.

I have not decided whether to plant anything smaller in front of the initial row since the border is 8 feet deep and I am unsure if I will have room. I would like to if I could. As you can see, anything I do will be a great improvement. Any opinions, suggestion, companion plants, etc. would be appreciated.

Image link:

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz