Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertrain_gw

Need ideas on creating a weed free landscape!

DesertRain
9 years ago

As you can see I have two areas of dirt on each side of my home. Both areas have a slight grade to the center to create drainage from the back yard into the front yard onto the lawn out front. With the left side having a steeper grade and access gate in the fence. I am continuously out on my hands and knees pulling weeds from these areas, and would like to fix this permanently. Looking for possible groundcover landscaping materials like rocks, crushed gravel, paving stones or bark. But the problem is with the grade is, gravel/bark would just slide down. especially on the left side of the home where there is a steeper grade. I do not want plants or anything I need to water, I want something to block out all the weeds and something permanent that can be walked on. I have thought about laying down weed blocking material and putting either rocks or bark on top of it. But one of my concerns is if we ever actually do get any rain here in Southern California the water draining from my backyard under the fence into the dirt areas out front. I am concerned that if I put down concrete or weed fabric with landscaping material on top that the water could possibly start going under the plastic and wash away everything. the only other thing I can think of would be to spray or sprinkle something directly on to the ground that would keep the weeds from growing permanently, which I don't believe there is such a product.

Comment (1)