Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inkognito_gw

Good news for yardvark

inkognito
12 years ago

If you ever wondered what a baby aardvark looked like feast your eyes on this little being that only a mother could love. It was born in a Dutch zoo and is quite a rarity, they eat ants so perhaps one would make a good pet for any peony lover..

Here is a link that might be useful: cute baby pictures

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    12 years ago

Ink, thanks for that delightful link. This is a species where the adults might look better than the children! It's a strange looking animal... kind of like it's made up of pig, deer, rabbit, armadillo/possum and maybe a deer... with an incredible tongue!

• karinl
    12 years ago

Love it. Hard to choose though which of the other babies is my second favourite: Anteater? Aye-aye? I barely got out of the "a"s.

Karin L

• deviant-deziner
    12 years ago

For me, there is no doubt about it, It's the "honey badger" - adorable in his own unconventional way.
    "honey badger , he don't care."

After seeing his movie I am re-nameing my biz to Honey Badger Landscaping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

• tibs
    12 years ago

Ink is posting pictures of cute little baby animals?! The world IS coming to an end in 2012.

• jakkom
    12 years ago

Hey, I could use one of those! I've got ants everywhere, including nesting inside my walls. I'm always fighting the little crawlers.........!

• feijoas
    12 years ago

I'll take your odd critters and raise you a 'puggle', aka a baby echidna. {{gwi:6668}}

• inkognito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

A spiny ant eater eh feijoas? Mine and yours do a fine job but why so ugly? Did you find this little guy locally or are those not your hands?

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    12 years ago

But so ugly in a too cute and precious way!

• feijoas
    12 years ago

Nah, not my hands, that little guy's Australian. See the red all over it? That's mineral-rich West Australian sand.
    Ink, sorry, but yours looks like the product of a donkey and a pig's unholy union. Ugly, but cute? I dunno.
    Mine on the other hand, looks like an obese mole got it on with a really tatty pincusion. Ugly, but definbitely cute, I think.

• Embothrium
    12 years ago

When you squeeze it does it squeak and let out air?

• karinl
    12 years ago

I think you'd be the one squeaking if you pushed too hard on those baby needles!

Thanks, Feijoas - a creature to enjoy learning about.

Karin L