Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscape border with posts and chain

Posted by wbsherlock GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 15:31

I am looking for a simple solution for a border around a grassed area at my office to prevent the restaurant patrons next door from parking on my grass (signs so far have not worked). I have seen simple, black posts with a hollow tube at the top allowing a chain to pass between each post. I can find posts online that are solid and expensive, but so far I have not found the type with the hollow tube at the top. I want something low to the ground - about 18-24". Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscape border with posts and chain

Yes, I've seen those too. I have a relative who has had one at his house for years and he thinks he just bought it at a local Fred Meyer or Home Depot. If you go to Amazon and type in "plastic chain and stanchion" you'll get hits for stuff like this. If you're looking to bury the posts rather than have them free standing, maybe you can just get the tops from the link below and cut lengths of PVC pipe that you can get cheaply at a big box store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastic chain

o
RE: Landscape border with posts and chain

Kudzu9, thank you very much for the reply! I did look at that link you sent, and I think that solution will work nicely. And not too pricey because they're not metal! I had also thought about checking equestrian websites because I have seen dressage arenas with a similar border. Found this for anyone else interested: http://www.crowdcontrolstore.com/plasticin-groundpost.aspx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here