Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walkway Design

Posted by Jordan300 Florida (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 19, 11 at 21:22

I need help re designing my fton walkway. I need a big change, I have kids now and need something that is low maintence. I have an old photo. I have since removed the square stones. All the other stuff is dead.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walkway Design

I'm assuming you're only talking about the courtyard inside the gate.

How much sun is there? Do both sides of the walkway get equal sun?

Will the children leave the landscaping alone, or do you need something kid-proof?

o

Your place isnt cold,add my Florida friend evergreen rock,bamboo,vine,tree,nice.

Photobucket

o

Given the brief " I have kids now and need something that is low maintenance" this is an idea that should not be shared. Totally stupid. All it needs is a cat for the kids to throw gravel at and it is picture perfect.

o

I suspect, Ink, that the issue is that those pots need watering and that's something she'd now rather not need to be bothered with, and would prefer plants in the ground that will not need a lot of attention...? I know zip about what would grow in Florida so have no other opinions on the matter :-)

o

I suspect, Ink, that the issue is that those pots need watering and that's something she'd now rather not need to be bothered with, and would prefer plants in the ground that will not need a lot of attention...? I know zip about what would grow in Florida so have no other opinions on the matter :-)

o
RE: Walkway Design - cyber-stutter :-)

Sorry about the repeat... Never refresh the page when you come back to the computer a while after posting!

o

Just a few cents. take it for what its worth. without knowing budget, or who, contractor or yourself will be doing the job, decorative paver with slightly raised soldiers on the edge, low maintenance plantings or art projects that your kids have made, stone medium or a day at the beach to collect shells. lots of different ideas, just tough to figure out the personality of the job to match that of the owner.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lafayette Landscape & Construction, Inc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here