Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Display Garden Pix

Posted by miss_rumphius_rules z6 NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 8:46

Here are some pictures--not great ones. It was extremely difficult to photograph. The overall effect of the garden was very romantic and lush. I'll have more in a few days when everyone else checks in with theirs. Mel--the mushroom lights were blown glass and bronze--the reporter got it wrong. The fireflies which you can't see were LEDs. Enjoy...

Before...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For Scale...(that's my assistant up there)

After...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Display Garden Pix

Great ambiance!

o

The effect is absolutely charming! My daughter, reading over my shoulder, says simply "Wow!"

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 10:13

Lovely. The moon just sets it off. How did you do the moon? Your fairy garden came out perfect. I was afraid it would be too cute, but not at all.

o

Wow - I love it!

o

Too much fun. I wana play!

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 18:33

Well done you.

(I like the magical mystery mushrooms.)

melanie

o

• Posted by cady 6b/Sunset34 MA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 21:54

I second what littledog's daughter says.
How did you attach the pieces on the bridge of branches? Are they nailed in?

o

Answers to questions...

The moon was made of plywood and drywall putty. It was painted, glittered and then lit. The effect was glowing.

The branches on the bridge are individually set into cooresponding holes on the upper and lower supports--no screws used. Kind of like a mortise and tendon.

o

It may be of interest to trivia freaks and join the dots addicts to know that the Chinese word (?) for daffodil means "fairy maidens from the water". Somebody is sure to tell me that they are narcissus but it doesn't fit because that young fella was looking at himself and not susans beautiful garden.

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 10:44

Delightful and magical! Brings back memories of books I read as a child.

o

Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 19:36

OH, the moon is fantabulous. I can't believe you got that glow going with just reflected light...though, come to think of it...that's how the "real" moon works! What kind of glitter? The utrafine? You know, someday I'm going to have to put together another stage set...such knowledge might come in handy!

o

Exquisite. The mushrooms turned out amazingly.

-Audric

o

I am glad you wandered over here Audric because I know you were not too sure about my reference to romanticism and John Ruskin on your other thread. You will be asked, as a landscape architect, to fill the space between house and street as if it were filling shelves at Wallmart "cheap and cheerful". Miss Rumphius offers an alternative. Oh! for sure Jo and Joleine as IB would call them, are not going to have a twinky bridge in their yard any day soon but what does Miss Susan's garden say about the possibilities Audric?

o

Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 21:32

Ink and/or Audric---

I've been a bit "out of the loop." Can you point me to the romanticism/Ruskin thread?

melanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here