Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Our new house needs some serious curb appeal.

Posted by nealvey Tennessee (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 11:59

Hi all, we just purchased an awesome house (IMO) in December. It sits on an acre lot in a great area. The front of the house isn't the prettiest, however it's compounded by currently having no landscaping. Would love to get some input on things we could do to make it look nicer.

One idea we've talked about is extending the front patio to under the large window and then put a gabled porch off the front. We've also talked about extending the roof over the patio on the left of the house. Regardless if we do those or not, we need to get some landscaping done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Our new house needs some serious curb appeal.

Another view...

o

Way to go! Nice house!

Everybody will have their own opinions about what looks aesthetically pleasing... For me, I'd enjoy a row of spruces, the nearer the curb the better.

Why not have your soil tested and have the utility companies come out spray paint your grass for stuff you'll need to avoid.

How long do you intend to live there? If you plant larger trees they give you privacy quicker but cost a lot more.

Additionally, plant some 1/2 barrels and put flowers on that patio. Update your front door to something nicer?

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Gus

o

My designing:

o

I could see a roof extension over the patio at the left end for those outdoor get togethers ... or a sheltered entrance over the front door. Here's a few ideas for a basic foundation planting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here