Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Syrup/Sugar Kettle Alternative?

Posted by blakeas 8 GA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 16:50

I just had a master plan done for my backyard - I wanted a firepit and a water feature designed for it. The landscape architect came up with a great plan - having a 50 gallon syrup kettle to be used as a water feature along with a smaller kettle to go inside of the larger kettle for a wood burning option. i liked the portability of it - However the cost for an old kettle seems out of this world. Even one with a hole in it (need one like that so I can fish an electrical cord for the pump) seems too pricey. Any suggestions for an alternative? are there new ones that I dont have to pay for the antique price?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Syrup/Sugar Kettle Alternative?

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 17:11

They make them in fiberglass, but they're still pricey.

o

I guess pricey is a relative term - where do u get the fiberglass ones?

o

Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 19:07

There's a place near here called BriansFurniture.com that sells them, but I can't get their site to open up.

Here is a link that might be useful: iron and fiberglass sugar kettles

o

I know what the syrup kettle is, but from your description I don't really understand exactly how the large and small kettle are set up and how they work together. This is a water feature/firepit combination scheme? Have any sketches or pictures?

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 1:05

Not exactly the same thing, but you might look to see if an industrial size Chinese wok might be worth looking into, and could possibly be more affordable because they're more plentiful.

o

Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 12:49

Looks like the fiberglass kettles are about half the price of the iron and cast aluminum.

I think my neighbor's is fiberglass.

Here is a link that might be useful: kettle prices

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here